Reading Aline D. Wolf's insights for opening the home and classroom to spirituality will enable parents and teachers to bring Maria Montessori's vision of a better world into their lives.
As Montessori observed children, they revealed to her that nothing worthwhile will develop if spirituality is neglected.
This book is a valuable synthesis of Montessori's most compelling ideas about children's spiritual needs and offers many practical suggestions.
Several chapters discuss how adults can nourish and deepen their own spirituality and sense of community. Text accompanied by inspirational line drawings. By Aline D. Wolf. Paperback, 157 pages.
Topics include: Cultivating Stillness, Nourishing Awe and Wonder, Cosmic Education, Care of the Earth, Children's Inner Peace and Love, Peace in the Classroom Community, School as a Family/Global Community, Spirituality and the Arts,
and What About God?
Some specific questions include:
- What is the meaning of the word spirit?
- How is nurturing the spirit fundamentally different from teaching a specific religion?
- How can we nurture the spirit in non-sectarian classrooms?
- How can teachers become spiritually aware?
- How can we explain spiritual nurturing to parents?
This title is also available in English (R80)
Bulk pricing is available for this item.